- uses "Tourism and Recreation Industry Management" and "Environmental Management in Tourism and Recreation Industry" as their main teaching fields.
- enhances students’ ability to be a full-skilled person with fluent language skills and a global perspective.
- encourages students to learn how to think critically and deal with problems.
- trains students to fit their skills for the needs of the industry.
Faculty and staff
- The Department of Tourism and Recreation Management has two professors, three associate professors, one assistant professor, and three lecturers who are specialized in hotel, restaurant, and recreation management.
- The Department of Tourism and Recreation Management not only provides journals, but also practical simulation, like a travel agency, which provide internship opportunities, and other professional classrooms, such as a tourism and leisure information classroom and an eco-tourism laboratory.
- The Department of Tourism and Recreation Management focuses on both theory and practice to help students become familiar with the working environment, as well as to help students earn some professional certificates, such as TQC WORD 2007, TQC EXCEL 2007, English certificates, certificates of leadership and tour guides in Chinese and English, and others certificates.
Future education and employment
- Students may have further study in hotel, restaurant, and recreation management. Meanwhile, students can work as an intern in the relevant industry.